8.29.2008

Palin

I think Gov. Sarah Palin is a great pick for VP. First, she's a true conservative. Second, she perfectly matches up with McCain's image as a reformer. She's done a lot to stop corruption in Alaska. Before the "Bridge to Nowhere" was repealed in Congress, she ordered it be stopped.

She is also a genuine pro-life candidate. Her 5th child was diagnosed with downs syndrome before she gave birth. She chose to keep her child and can be a proud example to the country.

Also, something interesting I read in Wikipedia: She hunts, eats moose hamburger, ice fishes, rides snowmobiles, and owns a float plane.[15][16] Palin holds a lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association."

This pick has energized me to support the ticket much more than previously. While I was hoping for a Romney pick, I think this pick is actually a better one. She's a solid conservative who doesn't have the baggage that Romney does. She also is real. Americans will be able to relate to her a lot more than the can to the two elitists in Biden and Obama.

Anyway, I look forward to others' thoughts.

2 comments:

Zach said...

it seems we concur.

weird!

Ol' Blue said...

I completely agree. an additional wikipedia fact that got me pumped: she was a high school basketball stud.