1.15.2008

My Reasons for a Romney Vote Published on National Review Online

"I have to say that I was really tempted to vote for McCain for “personal qualities”. I was literally undecided (and I’ve watched every debate and paid very close attention to this primary) walking into the booth last Tuesday. In the end, however, I couldn’t vote for McCain. I like and admire President Bush, but I disagree with him on so many domestic policies (Medicare, immigration, education, etc.), but each of these domestic policies are what President Bush campaigned on. Could I stand by for the next 4 to 8 years repeatedly being upset for McCain on immigration and other issues? No, in the end I decided to vote for Romney, because issue by issue he lined up with what I want in a President (who is also viable in NH, because I could argue that Thompson is also good).

I think with a little more time, Romney could have pulled a win out of NH. [I would also argue that the conservative “base” of the State is in Rockingham county; the only county that Romney carried.]"

The last part was not "printed" in the post, check it out here.

No comments: